Thursday, October 1, 2009

Excuse me please, I'm so happy I could scream...


My gran has always had impeccable taste; an exquisite collection of vintage jewellery ("BAGS! It's mine"); and a penchant for a good bargain, so the love of the chase was instilled in me long before I even knew it. After inheriting my great grandmother's Cameo ring on my 21st birthday my love for all things vintage, second hand and / or a bit rough around the edges almost became an obsession.

A move to Sydney with its fruitful markets, abundant vintage stores and street-lined op-shops, and my fate was set. My eyes still light up remembering the day I nabbed a fully working record player, in immaculate condition for $5. I was so excited I didn't even check if it worked for a good six months! And I'm always up for the challenge of fighting Hambo for the Sara Moon's at the garage sales...

gran's loose change is an amalgamation of love and admiration for my gran - her style, her grace; my obsession with vintage finds; and the fact that weekly lunches with my gran undoubtedly involved a white-bread ham sandwich and a neenish tart from The Chalet, paid for, without fail, in her loose change.

So this is for her, as much it is for you.

It's coming...I promise...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!...