Monday, December 19, 2011

Outpost 2011...
























All images by me, except this last one - which was snapped by Ben Young.
Last weekend, the troops and I made our way down to Circular Quay where we caught a ferry across to Cockatoo Island. I'm not going to lie, we had had a particularly early morning so the prospect of a 40 minute bus ride then a 20 minute ferry definitely didn't have us jumping for joy. But we made the effort so we could experience one of the final days of Outpost.

The Outpost Project celebrates global street art and transforms the industrial space of Cockatoo Island into a colourful paradise of large-scale installations and live art creations including aerosol art, stencilling, paste-ups, sticker art, cup rocking, sculpture, murals and billboards.

Seeing Lister's and Banksy's in real life is something I am glad I dragged my sorry ass onto the ferry for. Read more about the festival here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!...