Sunday, May 22, 2011

Something to tell you...

Over the past couple of months, I have been working on ideas to build and grow the selection on gran's loose change and I am very excited to announce that, as of this week, the selection will be even bigger. We have teamed up with Laurel from Ooh La La Vintage whose pretty wares will be available on the site this week. I stumbled across Laurel as a Trade Me seller and she will now update new stock on gran's loose change every fortnight. The drill is the same, buy online as you usually would and then Laurel will send your pretty little parcel from Wellington.

Read the Q & A below to learn more about Laurel...


Who are you?
Laurel Smith of Ooh La La Vintage.

What do you do?
I spend my days hunting for treasure in op shops and fixing up vintage clothing to sell online.

What would your dream job be?
I think I am doing it! I want to keep growing and expanding my business and compliment it with other creative projects - like the vintage inspired fashion range that my boyfriend and I are currently working on!

Three things that inspire you?
- Creative people doing what they love.
- Books. Books. Books. (Reading is life people!)
- My friends.

Top five songs currently on your playlist?
Crazy - Patsy Cline
Rabbit Fur Coat - Jenny Lewis & The Watson Twins
Imagine - John Lennon
Summertime - Ella Fitzgerald
These Boots Are Made for Walking - Nancy Sinatra

(I have most of these on vinyl but am still on the hunt for Crazy!)

Who is your style inspiration?
I am obsessed with the 60s and adore Jane Birkin, Marianne Faithful, Pattie Boyd and Anna Karina. I take modern day inspiration from style blogs - a few favorites include The Snail & The Cyclops, Esme and the Lane Way, A Cat of Impossible Color and Sally Jane Vintage.

Why did you want to work with gran's loose change?
I love the philosophy behind gran's loose change and the thought of collaborating with creatives with a similar vision to my own is beyond exciting!

Best advice you've ever been given?
Follow your dreams no matter what.

2 comments:

  1. I Love Ooh La La Vintage! Her clothing is always and amazing and beautifully photographed ~ Thanks for posting about her :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ooh La La Vintage!!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think!...