Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Friends of gran's loose change...

Since launching gran's loose change, I have been lucky enough to meet an amazing collective of people through blogging and the world wide web. I have had people contact me with messages of luck and congratulations, I have had bloggers write about the site, I have become friends with other bloggers who I have never even met (but hope to meet one day).

So, to thank all of these people and to share their beauty and passion with you all, gran's loose change is running a series of Q & As. We're starting this off with the wonderful Amanda from
Here Comes the Sun. Amanda and I were first e-troduced when she blogged about last winter's lookbook. We featured on her blog again in November last year. Read on to find out more about Amanda and her work.

Introducing...Amanda Thomas.



What do you do?
Currently my life is a mixture of working in a boutique and blogging and a few little projects I have coming up.


Where can we find you?

Here Comes the Sun
Twitter
Facebook
Bloglovin
Formspring

Where do you live?

Hamilton, New Zealand. It gets a bit of a hard knock but I actually love it.


What's your favourite thing about living there?

My best friends all live here so it's just great getting to do life together and spend so much time with each other. Also the op shops are pretty cheap here, and I have so many favourite cafes/ restaurants/ gardens that I love to visit pretty regularly.


What inspires you?

It's different everyday depending on what I'm doing. My husband and my friends definitely inspire me, I have some really great people in my life. Obviously I am quite influenced by the Beatles and they are always a constant source of inspiration, as well as Bob Dylan and other magical things that came from the 60's. Other than that I would say old books and records, vintage homewares, analogue culture, women in business and I always love it when it rains.


Three things you can't live without?
Cell phone, lap top, husband. Not in that order haha.


How did you get to where you are now?

By working really hard, chasing opportunities and being true to myself.


Where do you want to be in 10 years?

In 10 years I hope to have two little kiddies with my husband and be working from home. I'm not ready for it just yet but I really do look forward to be a mama bear one day!


Fave blogs?
Daydreamlily will always be my number one. Other than that I read a lot of blogs but some favourites are Andrew & Carissa, Rockstar Diaries, Fieldguided, See Hear Say and of course my friends blogs But Honestly, See Me Everywhere and Tornadoes and Tigers.


Top five songs on your ipod/playlist?
A Day in the Life- The Beatles

23- Jimmy Eat World
Soco Amaretto Lime- Brand New

Made for Each Other- Jack's Mannequin

Norwegian Wood- The Beatles


Favourite quote or words of wisdom you live by?

"Dream big, work it out from there"- I love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!...